Wednesday 14 October 2015

Common Mistakes in Upavistha Konasana B

Advertisement


Common Mistakes in Upavistha Konasana B

This is one of my favorite (unexpected) poses to pop into a fun vinyasa flow. I like to come out of it by crossing the ankles out in front and then rocking forward and jumping back into chaturanga. The thing about this pose, however, is that I find myself teetering precariously (and often tipping over, who am I kidding) so I wanted to go over some pointers in case anyone else was dealing with the same thing. The biggest tip I can give with this pose is to focus on keeping the chest open by drawing the shoulder blades toward one another. This helps to bring everything into alignment, and then on an exhale, focus relaxing the shoulders away from the ears.

If the flexibility isn't there yet in the back of the legs, I would suggest bending the knees and keeping the shins parallel with the ground and then focus on getting the rest of the pose in alignment. | via


Advertisement


No comments:

Post a Comment